Thursday, February 12, 2015

1: Church in Sunlight

For this project, I went to downtown Raleigh and took some pictures. I made sure to go right when the sun was starting to go down so I got some great warm lighting on the buildings. One of my favorite structures is this church that is gorgeous in any lighting but I really loved this image because the light is warm looking (even though it was probably only 30 degrees outside) and has really heavy shadows on the brick of the church. The bushes and trees, along with their shadows kind of framed the edges of the photo and I loved the effect. While I had taken many photos of the church at different angles and in different lighted areas, this one was definitely my favorite because of the light and the shadows. I also loved how the sun light up the door and the stripes of the wood really capturing the look of this old door.

No comments:

Post a Comment