Wednesday, January 7, 2015

8: Bows

 Our class participated in a Colored Pencil Magazine contest where they provided us a picture of these bows and then we had to draw them. We were allowed to alter them, crop the picture, or change the colors. I opted to draw the photo as is with the same colors just because I like all the colors looked reflecting off each other. I have always loved working with prismacolors because of how well they bland and stand out. Reflections have also appealed to me because I like using the whites to make a bright spot pop and putting colors in that you wouldn't normally guess to be in the reflection but make it look complete. My favorite bows are the gold and silver ones because they have red, green, and blue reflections throughout. This project took me a while to complete but I loved the final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment