Wednesday, April 1, 2015

7: Hotel Studia

For the final project of this quarter, I drew this picture I had taken in Paris that had a colorful sign and all the cool architecture. I was a little worried about drawing the tree because I have never drawn that many leaves clustered together. While this project took forever to finish, I love how the buildings and the tree turned out. On the previous project Le Petit Machon, there was a railing that I drew and I love all the railings in this one because its sharp black details against the whites and browns.The shutters were kind of hard because all the black lines had to be even otherwise it wouldn't look realistic. I loved how the windows turned out with the blue tinge and the lines from the curtains inside. My favorite part of the drawing is the rust on the wall and the metal of the sign because it was the perfect shade and it turned out better than I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment