Thursday, March 27, 2014

Opacity



Artists Create Original Work:
I had been considering doing something involving water whether it was bubbles or dewdrops. I took pictures of a flower that I had sprayed water on and had many drops of water between the petals. I thought this would be a cool picture to do in color pencils because even though the flower was red there were many other variations of colors in the petals and in the background.
Artists Develop Art Making Skills:
I had never used Prismacolor pencils so I had been kind of worried about how well I could make them blend together but I am really happy and impressed with how I was able to capture all the colors and shapes in the flower and in the background. I would now choose the color pencils for future projects because I was really happy with how they made the image looked.
Artists Take Risks:
I was a little unsure about how I would do the background and capture the blurry look of the leaves and colors. While I could have done the background more simply than the picture, it wouldn't have had the same effect. I did learn though that if I used the light grayish color pencil over the colors, it lightened them up and made them less definite and captured that blurred look.

No comments:

Post a Comment